Thursday 14 June 2012

My Skincare


 1) The Little Bubble Co Mango Delight Shower Gel: Smells amazing and fruity, lathers to soft bubbles which leave your skin feeling silky and smooth. Bonus points, it's cheap and cheerful!


2) Garnier Summer Body: With self-tanner for a subtle bronzed tint without too much effort. Normally 2 applications starts to get that glow going but I use this after every shower.


3) Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator: With micro beads for a gentle daily scrub. I love this product because it's not too harsh so you can use it everyday and the micro beads leave your skin feeling fresh and revitalized.


Elemis Melting Cleansing Gel: This cleanser is so luxurious and makes washing your face enjoyable. It is gentle but at the same time strong enough to get rid of makeup, including mascara! I love how it looks like lemon curd but when you start to massage it onto the face it melts into a creamy milk.


Caudalie Beauty Elixir:  Talked about enough in my opinion so I won't go on. I use this as my toner. It leaves my skin feeling toned without feeling tight and I personally love the smell.


4) Decleor Moisturiser: A little of this goes a long way! It is brilliant for young skin as it's light and not too rich and sinks into the skin quickly. I find it leaves a really beautiful base ready for makeup. 


LP Skin Therapy Uplifting Facial Water: I spray this on over my makeup as it helps to take away any excess powder on my skin and really brightens up the makeup. Great for that dewy and awake look...and it smells yummy. 


5) Decleor Baume De Nuit: I use this product at night after I have washed off my makeup. This has a very waxy consistency which needs to be heated up in your hands before use so I was worried it was going to be too rich for my skin. On the contrary, my skin loved this and drank it right up! In the morning my skin looked so rejuvenated and balanced. Expensive but well worth it, it leaves a little less work for the makeup to do.  


6) nspa Nourishing Eye and Lip Treatment: This uses a healthy mix of avocado and jojoba oils with cranberry extract, ginseng, Vitamin E and caffeine to reduce the appearance of dark circles and calms puffiness under the eyes. It is very cooling and soothing and leaves a nice base for concealer. It is also great for chapped lips. 


7) Elemis Exotic Cream Moisturising Mark: I tend to use this once a week when my skin is feeling extra dry because it is so moisturising. I leave this on for 10 minutes and even before you wipe it off it dries clear and you can see how bright and plump your skin looks.


Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel: I use this on alternate weeks to the Moisturising Mask if my skin is feeling more greasy as I have very combination skin. I find one moisturises my skin and the other takes away any impurities the cleaners can't reach. Good combo!


8) Elemis Body Oil: Again, a little goes a long way and you want to use this sparingly because how the price. I don't use this after every shower but especially when my skin is feeling more dry I will put a bit of this on my knees, elbows and decolletage after a shower. 




With skincare I really believe that you get what you pay for, good products will produce good skin which in turn will create a better base for makeup and fake tan. The products I have used here are what works well for me and my budget but may not work well for you. 


What are your favourite skin care products, any recommendations? 


No comments:

Post a Comment