Tuesday 18 February 2014

Tanya Burr's Lips and Nails

You know when you've had a really bad day at work....and it just happens to be Valentines day annnnnd you don't have a Valentine and have to have dinner with your parents...ok so not everyone is that unlucky, however I am. The day wasn't half bad though because I came home to find a lovely little package waiting on my bed. I had ordered 3 nail varnishes from the new Tanya Burr Lips and Nails collection (you go girl!!) on the day they launched, eager I know, and by the time I had got my confirmation email they had sold out, not that i'm surprised. Luckily the lovely people at FeelUnique restocked and a couple of weeks later I had my beautiful varnishes. The main thing that sucked me into my spending spree, apart from the fact they have been created by Tanya Burr (probably not literally) is the colour range and the adorable names. How could resist something called Little Duck or Mini Marshmallows?!

Now, I'm normally a sucker for the pretty white tops of Essie but what arrived from Tanya Burr were sexy black tops, forget LBD we're talking SBT, very sophisticated and expensive looking and on top of nice weighty glass bottles. I picked the three colours I did because I'm not really a bright nail kind of gal and I only venture onto pastels at the height of Summer so I went for a really gorgeous neutral, a vampy plum and a dark red. I haven't tried all of the colours yet but if New York Night is anything to go by I am very impressed. I found the brushes a little harder to work with, not my usual one slick wonder but the opacity of the colours is amazing so it doesn't really matter. The formulation is glossy and thick and as of yet...no chipping! You can get you hands on these from FeelUnique for a bargain of £5.99!! Why the hell wouldn't you check these out?! Congratulations Tanya, I'm looking forward to whatever you come out with next :)

B.x









3 comments:

  1. Riding Hood looks like a lovely shade. I've tried her lip glosses but not her nail polishes yet.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the other way around! What are the lip glosses like? I would definitely recommend trying them :)

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Thank you so much! I'm not quite sure what that is but I will do some Googling :) xx

    ReplyDelete