Monday 14 May 2012

Bodyshop Face Brush

As the name suggests I'm going to be talking about a brush for your face...not something you would ordinarily run to the shops for but hear me out. Since the birth of the Clarisonic Mia, and it's subsequent invasion of skincare favourites among bloggers, I have been interested in it's renowned cleansing qualities, unfortunately being a student I can not afford the £120 price tag so I have looked for alternatives. I came across the Body shop Face Brush.



I bought this for £3, a hefty price step down from the Clarisonic Mia and unquestionably not as good in the quality but for what it does i'm not complaining. Obviously I would like the real deal, one day, a girl can dream but i'm happy with this for the time being. 

I use this nifty little brush in the shower with my Aveeno Radiance Cleanser. I apply the cleanser all over my face and use this brush to work it in to my skin. The bristles were a bit rough at first but once they got wet and had more product on them they softened up. I found that using these two products in combination with each other really helped deep clean my skin for a fresh, revitalized feeling. About 4 months ago I removed a nose piercing which had always caused dry skin on my nose, I have no idea why and even after I took the stud out the dry skin would not go away. Since using this I have had no dry skin on my nose which means no dry, cracking foundation clinging to it. 

This face brush really helped to get rid of dry and dead skin cells without needed a harsh exfoliate, which I find I need if I'm to have any hope of getting rid of dry skin. The look of blackheads and uneven skin tone was reduced almost immediately and the over all feel of my skin was smooth and supple. 

Yes, this isn't the Clarisonic Mia and does not have as good results but for those of us who need a cheaper alternative I strongly recommend this. It gives such a deep clean and removes impurities without leaving your face red or scratched, which I was worried about. Who said we have to pay the big bucks for beautiful skin? 

What are your skincare secrets?

No comments:

Post a Comment