Saturday 28 April 2012

Real Techniques Brushes

Hi everyone!
It's a horrible rainy day in Plymouth and I've just filmed a video with my boyfriend so whilst he's playing on his Ipad I thought I would tell you about Real Techniques brushes. 


I've been watching the Pixie Woo girls on Youtube for a long time now and when I found out Samantha has produced her own brush collection I was all for trying them out. Before I had even purchased any myself, Sam was using them in her own makeup tutorials so I could see the quality of them and the amazing results they produced. So, here we go!


The Core Collection




Whats included: (left to right) The Pointed Foundation Brush, The Contour Brush, The Detailer Brush and the Buffing Brush.


What they are for:
-The pointed foundation brush: Use for liquid foundation to build a custom coverage, however, I find this brush more useful when applying concealer. I don't think this brush is big or firm enough to apply foundation all over the face.


-The contour brush: delicately applies colour in the contour of you cheeks or use to apply highlighter for a soft focus finish. I love this brush for adding a bit of colour with bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks and around my temples. The brush blends really nicely and doesn't leave any stark lines. 


-The detailer brush: precision cut for concealing problem areas or use with lipstick. I prefer using this brush for lipstick as i find it a bit sharp for concealer, definitely precision cut!


-The buffing brush: ideal for full coverage application of mineral or powder foundation. This is my favourite Real Techniques brush and I would also recommend it for liquid foundation. It blends the product in to the skin effortlessly and buffs the skin to leave a flawless finish. 


Price and Purchase:  I bought my set from http://www.love-makeup.co.uk/real-techniques-core-collection-p-2340.html for £20.99. The majority of Real Techniques brushes can be bought from larger Boots stores. 






The Travel Essentials Kit and Stippling Brush




Whats included: (left to right) Stippling brush (not included in the kit, has to be bought separately), The Domed Eye Shadow Brush, The Essential Foundation Brush and The Multi-Task Brush.


What they are for:
-The Stippling Brush: This brush is a duel-fibre brush for creating an airbrushed high definition effect with any type of makeup. This was the first brush I bought so I did use this for foundation but now I prefer the buffing brush for foundation I use this brush for applying blusher. I think this brush is an excellent all rounder, good for anything! I also like the fact this brush can stand up on it own because of it's base but it can be annoying for traveling. This brush is £10.99 from http://www.love-makeup.co.uk/real-techniques-core-collection-p-2340.html


-The Domed Eye Shadow Brush: I use this brush for it's exact purpose, however, watching Pixie Woo videos I have seen them use this brush for concealer too! I really like this brush for eye shadow because it has the perfect density to produce a effortless sweep of colour across the eye and has a nice shape to blend other colours in to the crease. 


-The Essential Foundation Brush: When I first bought this set I used this brush for concealer rather than foundation. Like the other kit I feel this brush is too small for liquid foundation, still bigger than the one in the other kit, but I did like using it for concealer because of it's tapered shape. 


-The Multi-Task Brush: for effortless application of powder, blush or bronzer. I use this brush mainly for powder, and sometimes bronzer on my neck, because of it's shape. I think it is way too big for my to use for blusher because I have quite small features. 


Price and Purchase- Again this kit was £20.99 from http://www.love-makeup.co.uk/real-techniques-core-collection-p-2340.html.



Overall, I am in LOVE with these brushes! All of the brushes are hand-cut and 100% cruelty free and have extra plush bristles. They are so soft and luxurious. My experience with these brushes have been really good and if I haven't used a brush for it's actual purpose I have found a way to put them all to good use. Non of the brushes leave streaks and apply a variety of makeup effortlessly and flawlessly leaving you feeling like a million bucks. I would recommend these brushes to beginners for their ease of use and to professionals for their excellent quality. I'm sure you will agree with me on how good the value of these brushes are, never before have I seen quality brushes for as cheap as these are...especially when you're getting 4-5 brushes in a kit. Get buying!!


Other places to buy:


- Boots
http://realtechniques.com/
http://www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk/
http://www.beautychamber.co.uk/real-techniques-c-303.html

No comments:

Post a Comment