Thursday 21 February 2013

MUA Lipstick Shade 1







I have been hunting around probably all A/W 12 for a lipstick this colour and I finally find one when it's coming into S/S13...typical! I was scared about dark lipsticks but after purchasing Rimmel's Stary Eyed I caught the bug. However, it as just abit too purple for me i felt and I went back out searching high and low for a more wine coloured red. Now I would love to have gone to MAC but as this was something that was either going to be a hit or miss I couldn't justify spending the money. I finally found what I was looking for in MUA's (Make Up Academy) Shade 1...I hate it when lipsticks have boring names..boo. The best thing about this lipstick for me is the price tag of just £1! The formulation is so creamy, not at all drying, and after field testing it on a night out I can confirm it definitely has the staying power. As you can see from the pictures I bought a Lip Liner from Rimmel for £3.99 in the shade Pleasure Red..ohh la la. This is a must for dark lipstick because you don't want it sliding all over your face. Also I definitely think the colour of the lip liner under the lipstick makes it just that bit more of the colour I was going for.

4 comments:

  1. My favourite MUA shade! Always in my handbag!

    Found you via the #bbloggers bloghop. Lovely blog, now following.

    PS, I think we went to the same middle school? Allenbourn?

    Kelsey xx

    Kelseydawnbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg yes we did! what a small world :) awww thank you I will pop over to yours and do that same! It's relatively small for how long i've been doing it. Struggle to get myself out there :/ haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're blog is lovely! Do you take part in the #bbloggers chats on Twitter? I've found them to be a great way to get your blog out there. If you don't already know they're on Sundays & Wednesdays 8-9pm, chat using #bbloggers :) xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you my dear! :) so is yours! I'm a follower now. Well I follow them and I've tried to join in with a few discussions but my comments tend to get a bit lost haha. It's frustrating I talk to a lot of people and comment on other blogs and I use twitter etc but I feel like...again...I'm a bit lost in all the other blogs out there. I feel like a lot of bloggers don't pay much attention to the smaller blogs out there :/ anyway rant over haha xx

    ReplyDelete